Applying for Admission
Who can apply?
Graduate students with a bachelor's degree in English (Anglistik), American Studies, Cultural Studies or related courses of the Humanities.
Admissions Regulations - German
Admissions Regulations - English (Translation)
Admissions Regulations (Special Language Requirements) - German (Sprachanforderungen)
Admissions Regulations (Special Language Requirements) - English (Translation only)
How do I apply?
The first step of application requires the completion and submission of the online application form. For details of the application process as well as the online application platform, click here (for non-EU students) or here (for EU students, in German).
German and EU Citizens can apply from June 1 - July 15 (for the winter term) and from December 1 to January 15 (for the summer term).
Citizens of countries outside the European Union can apply from April 15 - May 31 (for the winter term) and from October 15 - November 30 (for the summer term).
In a second step applicants are asked to sign and hand in the two-page pdf-document. In addition to the form, applicants are also asked to forward further documents to the Leibniz Universität Hannover which are listed below under General Requirements.
- online application form (see above)
- certificate of qualification for higher education (Abitur or Fachabitur)
- Bachelor's Certificate (in case BA degree has not yet been attained, applicants are asked to forward a transcript of records certifying the current level of credits and the grade point average.
- Curriculum Vitae
- proof of language proficiency in English
- Proof of English language proficiency (B2) – if English is not mother tongue or with an academic degree in English / American Studies (see „prior studies“ in admissions regulations)